Sunday, March 14, 2021

I Freaking Love That People Are Dressing Up for Their COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments

 
 
Yes, you should wear the dress you bought for that wedding that was canceled in April 2020.
[ view in browser.     add cosmopolitan@email.cosmopolitan.com to your address book ]  
 
 
Cosmopolitan
 
MUST READ
 
 
 
 
FOLLOW US
 
 
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram You Tube Google Plus
 
 
I Freaking Love That People Are Dressing Up for Their COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments
 
I've reached that part of the pandemic where I live in mumus, athleisure is now fancy, and I don't remember jeans. I know my newfound style is not unique these days, so when I saw someone wearing a sequined evening gown on Twitter, it was a shock.

She wasn't a celebrity primping at home for the Golden Globes, so where could she be going? Turns out she was getting all decked out for the best possible reason: her COVID-19 vaccine.

I reached out to the woman in the picture, Ashlie Atkinson, and she told me by phone she had bought the long green dress pre-pandemic to wear to a later-canceled 2020 gala for her roller derby league. When I asked her why she wanted to dress up to get the shot she said, I just wanted to celebrate the joyousness of the occasion and I wanted to bring some joy to people that have been working long hours.

READ ON
 

READ MORE
 
Cosmopolitan
 
Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez Reportedly Broke Up After Cheating Accusations Came to Light
 
Multiple sources confirm the wedding is off. Read On
 
 
 
Cosmopolitan
 
The Royals Wouldn't Let Meghan and Her Mom Go Out for Coffee
 
Royal editor Omid Scobie reported the incident. Read On
 
 
 
 
 
 
Cosmopolitan
 
Kaitlyn Bristowe Shuts Down Trolls After Chris Harrison 'Bachelorette' Host Replacement News
 
ICYMI: Kaitlyn and Tayshia will host The Bachelorette next season! Read On
 
 
 
Cosmopolitan
 
What the Royal Family Has Said About Meghan and Harry's Bombshell Oprah Interview
 
Multiple royals, including Prince William, have broken their silence. Read On
 
 
 
Cosmopolitan
 
Hello, Your Weekly Horoscope Is Here
 
Everything you need to know for the upcoming week. Read On
 
 
 
 
 
 
cosmopolitan.com
©2021 Hearst Communications Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Hearst Email Privacy, 300 W 57th St., Fl. 19 (sta 1-1), New York, NY 10019
 
Unsubscribe     Privacy Notice
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment