Sunday, May 17, 2020

My Boyfriend Made Me Think He Was 10 Years Younger Than He Is for an Entire Year

 
 
I guess that's why all his pics from his 20s were printed out.
[ view in browser.     add cosmopolitan@email.cosmopolitan.com to your address book ]  
 
 
Cosmopolitan
 
MUST READ
 
 
 
 
FOLLOW US
 
 
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram You Tube Google Plus
 
 
My Boyfriend Made Me Think He Was 10 Years Younger Than He Is for an Entire Year
 
It was his driver's license that gave Robert away. He'd just told me to pick out a movie on his iPad, with a casual "passcode is my birthday" from the other room. I knew his birth month, ofc, but didn't want to admit I'd blanked on the exact date, so I reached into his wallet.

And then there I stood, staring, mouth wide fucking open. I got out my phone's calculator to check the math I fooled myself into believing was my error. But nope: He was fully FORTY-FIVE years old—not already-pushing-our-age-gap 35, as he'd said.

When the two of us first locked eyes at a rooftop bar, I could tell Robert was slightly older (regular 20somethings don't wear watches that cost more than my rent), but I also didn't notice any deep wrinkles that looked like my dad's. And hey, at 23, I was all too eager to meet someone who didn't consider Chipotle a date-night spot. So I accepted his invitation to take me out for bucatini.

Robert impressed me with his knowledge of fine wines and classic cinema, and I leaned into his kiss at the end of the night, even after he shared that he was 12 years older than I am. How lucky I thought I was to have found this L.A. producer who seemed genuine (lol).

From that point on, we pretty much dated exclusively.

READ ON
 

READ MORE
 
Cosmopolitan
 
Guy Fieri Gave Out 1,200 Meals to First Responders and He Signed Each One
 
My heart is full. ❤️ Read On
 
 
 
Cosmopolitan
 
Mary-Kate's Emergency Divorce Filing Was Denied Because It Didn't "Rise to the Level of a True Emergency"
 
She's worried about being kicked out of her apartment. Read On
 
 
 
 
 
 
Cosmopolitan
 
Hello, Your Weekly Horoscope Is Here
 
Everything you need to know for the upcoming week. Read On
 
 
 
Cosmopolitan
 
Tristan Thompson Was "Open" With Khloé Kardashian About Having to Take That Paternity Test
 
This whole thing is a mess! Read On
 
 
 
Cosmopolitan
 
Hailey Baldwin Says She Was "Ridden With Guilt" the First Few Months After Marrying Justin Bieber
 
She wishes their marriage would've started with a "clean slate." Read On
 
 
 
 
 
 
cosmopolitan.com
©2020 Hearst Communications Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Hearst Email Privacy, 300 W 57th St., Fl. 19 (sta 1-1), New York, NY 10019
 
Unsubscribe     Privacy Notice
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment