Sunday, December 20, 2020

Why It Feels so Deeply Good to Follow Your Mortal Enemies on Instagram

 
 
You're 287 weeks deep into your best friend's other "best" friend's profile for a reason.
[ view in browser.     add cosmopolitan@email.cosmopolitan.com to your address book ]  
 
 
Cosmopolitan
 
MUST READ
 
 
 
 
FOLLOW US
 
 
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram You Tube Google Plus
 
 
Why It Feels so Deeply Good to Follow Your Mortal Enemies on Instagram
 
My nighttime routine is pretty simple: wash my face, brush my teeth, hunt very thoroughly through the Instagram profiles of everyone I want to shade until my thumbs hurt or I blissfully drift off to sleep (whichever comes first). Repeat every night until the day I die.

Sometimes I hate-stalk strangers, but mostly it's people I do know but do not like (including you, girl who bullied me in middle school and now has 482 followers and lots of charcoal toothpaste #sponcon). It's like settling in with The Real Housewives: I'm free to judge—which I definitely, definitely do—what's playing out onscreen from the comfort of my sweatpants.

"Ha! At least I'm not you," my brain says when the unfamous GF of my celeb crush uses "there" instead of "their." It's the same high I get whenever Kyle Richards suddenly makes me feel like my shit is alllll the way together.

I double-checked with a friend that it's not just me (which I know it's not but still want reassurance that I'm not the lone asshole), and she replied: "Obviously. It's the only fun thing to do on Instagram anymore."

Fun *and*, it turns out, a nice juicy distraction from the world, says Meghan Jablonski, PhD, clinical psychologist and validator of nefarious scrolling.

READ ON
 

READ MORE
 
Cosmopolitan
 
Barack Obama Says Malia's Boyfriend Was "Stuck" Quarantining With Them
 
"He's a good kid." Read On
 
 
 
Cosmopolitan
 
Gigi Hadid Shares a Photo of Her Daughter Experiencing Snow for the First Time
 
I may or may not have baby fever after seeing this pic. 😍 Read On
 
 
 
 
 
 
Cosmopolitan
 
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Exchange Christmas Gifts With Prince William and Kate Middleton
 
'Tis the season! Read On
 
 
 
Cosmopolitan
 
Why 'Bachelorette' Fans Think Ben Smith Might Reunite With Tayshia Adams
 
The evidence is wild. Read On
 
 
 
Cosmopolitan
 
'Greys' Anatomy' Brought Back a Dropped Storyline From Last Season, and Fans Are Pumped
 
Last night's episode started to bring closure to an unresolved plot point. Read On
 
 
 
 
 
 
cosmopolitan.com
©2020 Hearst Communications Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Hearst Email Privacy, 300 W 57th St., Fl. 19 (sta 1-1), New York, NY 10019
 
Unsubscribe     Privacy Notice
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment